Welcome!

Taking a look at books, movies, music, video games, and the life of a nerd, one step at a time.

Friday, August 24, 2012

A Realization on the Dynamic Duo of Fred and George Weasley.

Hello everyone!  I'm back again!  It's been awhile but things have been crazy!  School is getting ready to start for me and everything is super chaotic but I'm going to be on more regularly from now on, hopefully at least new post per week!  Anyways, I digress! 

Today I would like to talk to you guys about this realization that kind of struck me yesterday.  I've been rereading the Harry Potter series for the millionth time, and I thought of something that I had never thought of before!  My realization actually is pertaining to the Weasley twins! 

Now I would just like to take the time out to tell you all that Fred and George are my favorite characters in the entire series.  I absolutely love them!  They're just so amusing, yet such deep characters with such complex personalities!  I know I got off topic again, but I just felt the need to tell everyone this because I really do love them and have since they first appeared in book one. 

What I realized, though, was that the only times that the Weasley twins are ever harmed are the times when they are apart.  Now I know that seems really crazy, but think about it!  I mean sure they have suffered minor little scuffs or scratches from things like Umbridge's detention together and the likes, but honestly, the only time something major happens to either of them, they aren't together. 

In the Battle of the Seven Potters, which both Fred and George participated in, George lost his ear.  Although Snape hadn't meant to hit George, George was still pretty grieviously injured.  Now since both Fred and George participated as a decoy Potter, they were both seperated.  Both disguised as Harry Potter through the use of Polyjuice potion they each flew with a different person.  Fred went with his father, while George went with Remus Lupin.  After being attacked by Death Eaters, George did indeed lose his ear.  This was the only time George was majorly injured.  Fred was not with him at the time of this injury. 

Then later on, also in the seventh book, was the Battle for Hogwarts.  The twins were put in charge by Kingsley Shacklebolt to take care of all the secret entrances into the castle.  Somehow, at one point in the battle, the two boys got seperated.  It isn't really known how they did, but they were split up all the same.  Fred was fighting alongside Percy, that was about the point that the terrific trio appeared, against several Death Eaters.  Although he did manage to defeat one of them, it wasn't enough.  Fred ended up dead.  When this happened, George wasn't with him.  I don't really know where George was at that point, but he wasn't with Fred.  This was the only time something major like that happened to Fred, and George wasn't present at the time. 

I don't know if this is just me overthinking everything, or a coincedence, or what.  Would it have made a difference if this dynamic duo was together at each of these moments?  I mean let's think it through.  Now if Fred and George were together during the Battle of the Seven Potters, could something have been done differently to prevent George from losing his ear?  Chances are no, but you have to really think about it.  I mean if they had been even slightly over, George would still have both of his ears.  It is possible that if they were together the whole thing could have been avoided.  Now think of it in terms of Fred's death.  What if the twins were still together at that point?  What if they hadn't gotten seperated?  I feel that if they were still together, that Fred's death could have been an avoidable occurence.  I think of it this way.  If they were still together, there would have been another person working with him and Percy against the Death Eaters they were dueling.  Not only that, but I think that Fred and George work so well together it's like two different entities that work so phenomenally well as one person.  I think that who they were fighting with wouldn't have stood a chance with both the twins, plus Percy and the others. 

I know none of this makes any difference in what happens to either of the characters, and I wouldn't try to change J.K. Rowling's stories in any way, but it was just thinking that I've been thinking about and wanted to share with all of you!  Let me know what your opinions are!  Do you agree?  Do you have a completely different idea on this whole thing?  Do you think I'm stupid and this is a dumb theory?  I don't know!  Just let me know what you think!  You tell me!  I'd love to hear your opinions and thoughts on this!  So leave me a comment and tell me what you think!

Oh yeah!  Fun fact I wanted to share really quick!  Fred and George Weasley were born on April first, April Fool's Day!  How fitting is that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment