Welcome!

Taking a look at books, movies, music, video games, and the life of a nerd, one step at a time.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Hello hello!

Hello everyone!  I would like to take the time out to let you know a little more about me so you don't think I'm a complete psychopath or something.

Ultimately, with no other words for it, I am a complete nerd.  I'm so proud of that though!  I don't think there is anything wrong with being a nerd!  Actually, I think it's a great thing!  What's the point of wasting some of the best years of my life doing stupid stuff, or being so screwed up I don't remember half of it?  I think being a unique individual is such an amazing thing!  Everyone needs a sense of self!  I don't think people should try to conform to what are considered "social norms".  Be independent!  Be yourself!  Don't let anyone tell you who you are or who you're going to be!  You are an amazing person, just how you are!  So wear that t-shirt with a video game slogan on it instead of a name brand!  Listen to that band no one has heard of!  Be proud of reading, instead of listening to the people who say it's not cool!  Just be yourself!  Being a nerd is a great thing, and I love that I'm able to say I am one. 

Written word is something that, I feel, is one of the most powerful things in the world.  It can make you feel so many different emotions and think in so many different ways.  Reading and writing is one of the absolute most important in things in my life.  I have been reading anything I can get my hands on for as long as I can remember, but reading really changed for me once I read the Harry Potter series.  I was probably in second or third grade when I read the series, I don't really remember.  What I do remember is that I fell in love with it immeadiately.  Harry Potter is a huge driving factor in my life.  Reading Harry Potter really opened my eyes up to how literature can influence you and how much power it really holds.  I remember how excited I was when the seventh book came out.  I was in fifth grade then, and I read it in a bit under a week.  Since then I have read that phenomenal series hundreds of times since.  The depth of that series truly astounds me.  Every time I read it the emotions come back just as strong, and I notice some little detail or something that I missed before.  It never tires me.  I will be discussing a lot of Harry Potter related things on here.  I love so many different books and series such as The Morgansville Vampires, The Secret Circle, The Hunger Games, The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, Maximum Ride, The Inheritance Series, The Keys To The Kingdom, and so many more.  The list really just goes on and on, not to mention just individual books.  I will be taking a look at each of these series individually, along with character analysis, and the likes.  I really enjoying writing too.  Words, words, words.  Reading is one of the things that shaped my life the most. 

Something else I love would be my Xbox.  I love my Xbox.  Video games are amazing.  I really liked Left 4 Dead and all, but then my amazing coousin came out to visit.  To clarify, my cousin is so much like a big sister, and best friend to me.  I love her so much.  She made me play Black Ops with her and that's growing on me, but she also brought me Skyrim.  I absolutely love Skyrim.  It is so dang awesome.  I love it so much!  I love how open and free the whole game is.  I am also a major fan of the Resident Evil series.  Resident Evil not only is a great game, gameplay wise, but the storyline with it and the characters are absolutely phenomenal.  I love Leon Kennedy, but I really really love Steve Burnside.  Anyways to get to my point, my Xbox is my friend.  I love playing it.  I will be doing, at some point, a look at different games, the first ones I will probably do will be Skyrim and Resident Evil.  So stay tuned for those. 

Music is a really big thing with me too.  If you were to look through my Ipod it goes from one extreme to another.  I mean from Broadway to the album of screamo I have.  Recently though, I lately started listening to a lot of wrock.  For those of you who don't know, wrock is wizard rock.  It is typically Harry Potter based music.  In my opinion, Minsistry of Magic is the absolute best wrock band around.  I adore them.  Their songs such as Lily, Ascendio, Don't Leave, Forever Together, and all the rest of them are so incredible.  If you're a Harry Potter fanatic I highly reccommend listening to them.  They are phenomenal.  Of course there are more wrock bands around, Ministry of Magic is just my favorite. 

Well now that you know mostly what I will be talking about, I'm going to give you a little bit of insight into who it is that is talking.  My name is Taylor.  I'm originally from California, but I moved across the country about four or so years ago.  Like I said, my cousin is one of my best friends ever, and I definitely miss her all the time.  I'm a sophmore in high school, and an all honors student.  I'm currently tied for 1st in my class, and planning on keeping myself there.  I'm turning sixteen in October and having a Harry Potter Sweet Sixteen.  What?  I already told you I'm a nerd!  I definitely am.  People think I've lost it, especially when they hear my birthday plans, but I like being an individual.  I like being a unique person and knowing that there isn't anyone else just like me.  I will hopefully be posting a look at one of several things later.  I hope you stick around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment